To evaluate components at currents up to 125 A the 3265B DC Bias Units are used with either the Wayne Kerr 3255B series of Inductance Analyzers or the 3260B Precision Magnetics Analyzer. When one 3265B/25A or 3265BQ/25A DC Bias Unit is connected to an instrument up to 25 A of DC bias current can be set in steps of 25 mA with one unit. Additional DC Bias Units can be added such that with five units connected in parallel it is possible to set DC bias currents up to a maximum of 125 A DC.
The 3255BL may only be used with the 3265B/5A and 3265B/10A, 5A and 10A DC bias units. Multiple instruments may be connected in parallel to give a maximum DC bias current of up to 50A which may be set in steps of 25 mA. The instruments have a number of safety and protection features including a safety interlock system to protect the user against back EMFs.
They are also fully protected against over temperature, excess voltage drop and sense lead failure.
- 2 Models: 3265B/25A, and 3265BQ/25A
- Enhance usability of Wayne Kerr Inductance Analyzers 3255B, 3255BQ, and Precision Magnetics Analyzer 3260B
- Testing wound devices under application conditions
- 25 mA to 25A of DC bias current in 0.025 A steps
- Up to 11 V DC compliance voltage
- Applicable for measurement functions L, R, D, Q, Z
- Wide frequency range of 20 Hz to 3MHz
- 0.1% basic accuracy
- 4 or 2 terminal measurements
- Up to 5 bias units may be connected in parallel to provide five times the output current
- Up to 3 MHz and 50A is available when two 3265BQs are used
- Safety interlock to protect operator from back-EMFs
- Easily rack-mountable with inductance analyzer